Tórshavn Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach
Tórshavn Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach, who will coach the competitive teams and supervise the club in whole ensuring that the coaching of all teams is consistent and applies to the overall philosophy of the club.
Tórshavn is the capital of the Faroe Islands which a couple of years ago was rated the most appealing destination in the world in a survey conducted by National Geographic Traveller. The islands are situated in the middle of the triangle formed by Scotland, Iceland and Norway. The city of Tórshavn is a modern Nordic capital with approximately 21.000 inhabitants and all common facilities. The Faroe Islands are a fully fledged individual member of FINA and LEN.
Tórshavn Swim club has approximately 400 members. 225 participate in the swim school, 50 in competitive swimming and approximately 100 are older exercisers. The club has access to 4 swimming pools (the main pool of 25m and three smaller pools of 16m on separate locations), running lane, gymnastic hall and fitness centre as well as other sport facilities.
Currently the competitive swimmers of the club compete in National, Nordic and European competitions with some of the swimmers highly ranked in their respective Nordic age group. The club wants to maintain and strengthen its position as the biggest and the best in the country with swimmers among the best in the Nordic countries and within 4 years among the best in Europe’s junior levels.
– prepare and arrange the training of the competitive teams
– be an active pool side coach along with the assisting trainers
– supervise the whole club and motivate and instruct respective trainers
– motivate swimmers in their daily training and in preparation for competitions
– advice swimmers with regards to lifestyle e.g. food, rest, etc.
– communicate with club stakeholders e.g. board, parents, the national swimming association, the Faroese swimming community
– with support from main stakeholders drive the club into a world class swim club
– visualize new possibilities and ideas for the club
– be focused on physical and psychological health of the swimmers
– ensure a sound and steady age related development without injuries
– explore and communicate the latest knowledge and best practises in the world of swimming and disseminate this new knowledge to the rest of the club – especially fellow trainers
– participate actively in competitions and training camps
– a degree in coaching and/or considerable experience and relevant education in sports
– international and/or national credentials
– high work commitment
– be inspiring and communicative
– be responsible and independent in the daily work
– keen to share knowledge and experience with other coaches in the club
– communicate clearly in English or a Scandinavian language
We offer you:
– the opportunity to work in a small, peaceful and stimulating society of 51,000 people with its own language and culture
– the possibility to become part of the National coach team. Faroe Islands are a fully fledged individual member of FINA and LEN, and club coaches are traditionally selected for the National coach team for each international event based on performance of their respective swimmers
– the opportunity to achieve acknowledgement and appreciation by the people of the Faroe Islands
– the opportunity to contribute to the advancement and well being of the town of Tórshavn
– a stimulating and challenging opportunity, where you directly determine your own work environment and develop your own projects and goals
– the opportunity to collaborate with an active board and a resourceful group of parents
– a salary that is commensurate with your experience and qualifications
– the support of the club to locate suitable housing
– the free use of a car
– free telephone and internet
– Faroese language course
– vacation pay
– a 2 year contract with 3 to 6 month’s trial period and a possibility of further extension
You are welcome to contact the chairman of the club Erling Eidesgaard by email email@example.com
Applications shall be sent to:
or preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is November 15th 2018
It is our wish that the new Head Coach can start in January 2019. However the position will remain open until a suitable Head Coach is found.